At the Law Office of Marino A. Branes Jr., we are devoted to uniting families through their family-based petitions and to helping businesses with non-immigrant visas.  We are also experienced in handling deportation/removal cases.  Our firm can represent clients from anywhere in the U.S.A., and in the world, due to Immigration law's Federal nature.


Non-immigrant visas are issued to those who want to come to the United States on a temporary basis.  Below is a list of various non-immigrant visas available to people whom want to make use of these types of visas in order to come to the United States.  Please call for more details.

non-immigrant visas


B-1/B-2 Visitor's Visas

Available for visits to the U.S. for business or pleasure.  B-1 business visitor visas are for a short duration and must not involve local employment. Nationals of certain countries may be eligible to visit the U.S. for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa.

E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader and Investor Visas

Investors and traders and their employees may receive visas to carry on their businesses in the U.S. if their home country has a commercial treaty with the US conferring visa eligibility.

F-1 and M-1 Student Visas

Persons seeking to pursue a full course of study at a school in the U.S. may be eligible for a visa for the course of their study plus, in some cases, a period for practical training in their field of study.


H-1B Specialty Occupation (Professionals) Visas

Professional workers with at least a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent work experience) may be eligible for a non-immigrant visa if their employers can demonstrate that they are to be paid at least the prevailing wage for the position.

J-1 and Q-1 Exchange Visitor Visas

Persons coming to the U.S. in an approved exchange program may be eligible for the J-1 Exchange Visitor's visa. J-1 programs often cover students, short-term scholars, business trainees, teachers, professors and research scholars, specialists, international visitors, government visitors, camp counselors and au pairs. In some cases, participation in a J-1 program will be coupled with the requirement that the beneficiary spend at least two years outside of the U.S. before being permitted to switch to a different non-immigrant visa or to permanent residency.

L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visas

L-1 visas are available to executives, managers and specialized knowledge employees transferring to their employer's U.S. affiliate. Executives and managers holding L-1 visas may be eligible for permanent residency without the need for a labor certification.

O-1 Extraordinary Ability Worker Visas

The O-1 category is set aside for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability. This includes entertainers, athletes, scientists, and businesspersons.

TN Status Under the North American Free Trade Agreement

A special category has been set up for nationals of Canada and Mexico under the provisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Mr. Branes did a great job representing my wife in her very difficult case. Without a doubt, I would recommend him to help any person with immigration problems.


P-1 Artists and Athletes Visas

This category covers athletes, artists and entertainers.

R-1 Religious Worker Visas

Religious workers may be eligible for an R-1 visa.

K-1 Fiancée Visas

A fiancée  of a U.S. citizen is eligible for a non-immigrant visa conditioned on the conclusion of the marriage within 90 days.

Is this not what you're looking for? You can learn more about the various other Immigration and Nationality law services that our firm offers here.